Mountain Biking is closed for the season & will reopen Spring 2024.
MOUNTAIN BIKING AT OBER
AGES 5 & UP
HOURS OF OPERATION
Ticket Sales End 2 Hr Before Closing Time
MondayClosed for the Season
TuesdayClosed for the Season
WednesdayClosed for the Season
ThursdayClosed for the Season
FridayClosed for the Season
SaturdayClosed for the Season
SundayClosed for the Season
NOTE: Hours are subject to change without notice due to weather or other conditions
Conquer the trails, feel the rush of speed, and experience the breathtaking beauty of nature all in one unforgettable experience!
Bike Area Ticket: Our chairlift will transport you and your bike to the top of the mountain effortlessly. Say goodbye to exhausting uphill climbs and hello to more time spent enjoying the thrilling descents!
Bike, Helmet and Pads: Don’t have your own mountain biking equipment? No problem! We offer bike, pad and helmet rentals, ensuring that you have the best equipment for a safe and exciting ride. Our bikes are meticulously maintained to provide optimal performance on the trails. Helmets are mandatory. If you are bringing your own bike, it must meet certain standards of suspension. Call for details.
Lessons for All Levels: Whether you’re a seasoned rider looking to fine-tune your technique or a complete beginner eager to learn the ropes, our experienced instructors are here to help.
Ober has top quality Rental Bikes:
“Status model 160” made by “Specialized”, one of the most respected names in Mountain Biking and the first company to make production Mtn Bikes.
The Ober Mountain Difference:
Immerse yourself in nature: As you zoom down the trails, you’ll be surrounded by breathtaking panoramic views of majestic mountains, lush forests, and pristine wilderness.
Safety first: Your safety is our top priority. Our trails are professionally designed, well-maintained, and equipped with safety features to ensure a thrilling yet secure experience.
Family-friendly fun: Ober Mountain is the perfect destination for riders of all ages. Bring your family and friends for an unforgettable day of outdoor adventure and bonding.
OBER MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK FAQs
To ensure that your adventure at Ober Mountain is successful, do your research. Check the weather, explore our website, and ask questions. Below are some frequently asked questions, suggested answers, and facts regarding the Bike Park.
How long will the season last?
This year, the trails will close after Sunday Oct 8th.
What are the trail hours?
The hours will vary. Current hours can be found HERE.
Do you offer a Mountain Bike Season Pass?
A Mountain Bike Season pass is $299. This includes a mountain biking lift ticket and free parking at the top of the resort. This does not include rentals. Passes can be purchased at Guest Services.
Is the Bike Park open in the rain?
Our trails were professionally designed and built with water management in mind. Depending on the volume of rain or adverse weather conditions, the decision will be made to open or close the trails. This decision is made in the best interest of our guests. Please see up to date hours here. Current Operating Hours
Can I bring my bike on the tram?
We are encouraging you to drive up the mountain. With a season pass, parking is free.
Is there a deposit on Bike Rental equipment?
There is no deposit. The guest may either purchase insurance for $15 or sign a waiver stating that they will pay for the bike if they damage it. If the insurance is purchased, it will fully cover damage to the bike.
Are E-Bikes allowed?
Yes, so long as they meet the basic suspension/brake criteria (below). We do not rent them, though.
Are Adaptive Bikes allowed?
Sorry, but Ober Mountain bike trails are not designed to accommodate adaptive mountain bikes.
What should you wear? Dress for the weather:
- Helmet, Pads & Gloves – Wearing a helmet, pads, and gloves will help protect you in the event of a fall. Full Face Helmet required on Double Black Diamond trail.
- Sturdy Footwear – Closed toe shoes are required. Sandals do not provide enough protection for your feet and are not recommended.
- Layers of Clothing – Layering is a good rule of thumb for any outdoor activity.
Choose active wicking fabrics like polyester, wool, or nylon. Avoid cotton materials if possible. Cotton absorbs moisture and does not insulate well when it is wet.
- Water/Wind Resistant Shell – Depending on the weather you may want a water/wind resistant shell, to protect you from the elements. We encourage riders choose long sleeved or ¾ length jerseys and pants or knee length shorts made with reinforced heavy-duty materials. We require a helmet and strongly recommend a full-face helmet, knee/elbow pads for armoring, and gloves for added protection and improved handlebar grip.
Is there a minimum age limit?
Typically 5 years old is the minimum age, however, if the child fits the bike and can ride a bike, exceptions can be made. All riders must have sufficient physical dexterity to control directing and braking the bike and must be able to safely load, ride and unload the lift.
What restrictions do you have at Ober Mountain Bike Park?
- All size bikes, which ride the lift, must have disc brakes.
- All bikes, 24″ & larger must have one form of suspension.
- You must wear a properly fitted helmet while riding.
- Biker weight limit is 300 lbs.
- Uphill travel is not allowed at Ober Mountain as our park is designed and will be operated as a downhill park only.
- Alcohol, tobacco, food, or drink are not allowed in the Bike Park area.